Dr. Juleun Johnson is a very highly engaged and motivated individual. He is an educated and dedicated community servant. He specializes in training and teaching on crisis and end of life care. His doctoral dissertation focused on educating community and clergy on effective end-of-life care methods. He is a clinically trained pastor and chaplain who has assisted many people in finding meaning at all phases of life's journey. He is a writer having written articles in international publications.
He is also a compassionate counselor and sought after speaker nationally and abroad. His presentations focus on life transformation, forgiveness, and gratitude. Dr. Johnson believes what sets people apart from living their maximum potential is their desire to live a spiritually engaged life of passion and service. He has presented to community and secular groups on the topics above and others.
He has served as a pastor for over 16 years in Alabama, Florida, Illinois, and Mississippi. He has been a healthcare chaplain for 6 years. He served as a chaplain during the Pulse Nightclub tragedy in Orlando, FL in 2016. He has been blessed to assist many grieving families to become resilient through facilitating dialogue through meaningful conversations and a non-judgmental, non-anxious presence.
He is happily married to his college sweetheart and they are the proud parents of two daughters. He enjoys photography, meeting people, sports and eating ice cream.
• Doctoral dissertation entitled, "Pastors As Caring Bridge Builders in Healthcare Settings."
- Adjunct Professor Adventist University of Health Sciences, Orlando, FL 2016 - present
- Doctoral advisor Denver Seminary Denver, CO 2016
- Adjunct Professor Gulf Coast State College Panama City, FL 2007-2009
Dr. Johnson has served as a chaplain at a Level I Trauma hospital, the University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital (UAB) in Birmingham, AL. He completed his internship and residency for Clinical Pastoral Education(CPE) in the Spain Rehab hospital, orthopedics units, same-day surgery, and the emergency department. He also served there as an on-call chaplain. Currently he works at Florida Hospital in Orlando, FL as chaplain for Cardiology, specifically Medical ICU, Vascular ICU and PCU, and Chest Pain Observation Unit.
University of Alabama at Birmingham
4 Units of Clinical Pastoral Education 2011-2013
Assisting Individuals in Group and Individual Crisis intervention 2016
Activities & Affiliation
•Ecclesiastical Endorsements in Healthcare and Campus Ministry from Adventist Chaplaincy Ministries (ACM)
· Florida Hospital Ethics Committee (per patient need)
· Florida Hospital Orlando Mission Integration Committee
· Florida Hospital Chapel Improvement Committee
· Florida Hospital ICU Care and Improvement Committee
· South Central Conference Youth and Young Adult Advisory Committee
Parish Pastoral Experince
He has served as an assistant and lead pastor in rural, suburban and urban contexts. He has renovated a facility debt free, improved physical plants, conducted extensive lifestyle seminars, provided counseling, preached sermons, participated in community outreach events, conducted annual leadership training summits, for leaders that have been used by Fortune 500 companies.
He has served as a counselor at regional convocations, lead leadership teams, initiated and conducted vision and mission statement seminars, implemented systems for organizational management and has fundraised for building projects.
Birmingham, AL; Greenwood and Panama City, FL; Canton, Rolling Fork, Yazoo City, MS.
Chicago, IL - Straford Memorial SDA Church under Dr. Charles D. Joseph
Activities & Affiliations
· Ordained Seventh-day Adventist Minister
· Served as high school on-call emergency grief counselor
· Served as a mentor to at-risk high school students
· Member of Ministerial Alliances
· Member of WMBB ABC Panama City, FL Advisory Board